SEARCH THROUGH
MOST SEARCHED

Velké Meziříčí

Under the cover of strong Romanesque-Gothic castle and his influential owners, this town had turned from a settlement a town. Already in 1317 the church of St. Mikulas had been mentioned. During the 13th and 14th century Velke Mezirici had been a centre of a large manor. The town itself, as the significant centre, had already a strong fortification and a town gate. But the biggest boom came in 15th and 16th century. In the middle of 17th century the castle was rebuilt into a Renaissance chateau. After the Thirty Years War, Velke Mezirici turned down to the level of common subject town and it lost most of its liberties. The second development has started at the second part of 18th century with crafts. In 19th century first factories appeared.

Infocentre - Radnická 29/1, 594 13 Velké Meziříčí, tel.: 566 781 047, e-mail: ic@mestovm.cz

Town hall Velké Meziřičí Town hall Velké Meziřičí
Town-hall
Velké Meziříčí - church Velké Meziříčí - church
Church